4.09.2004

happy easter!

Cole caught my cold and found himself at the pediatrician's on Wednesday. He's recovering much more quickly than I did, but it's always so hard to see him sick. While I'm excited and entertained by his frequent baby babble, I'm glad he can't cry "Mommy" while I'm pulling the snot out of his little nose with the mean bulb aspirator. I'm also thankful that he cries so hard his eyes are closed while I'm doing the dirty work, so at least I can pretend that he doesn't know that I'm the awful person who is torturing him. I can scoop him up when I'm done to soothe him and save him from the evil nose-sucking lady.

He's nearly fully recovered, and we're getting ready for our trip to NJ. I don't like minivans at all, but I'm beginning to understand they're usefulness. Packing the car will be quite a task. Cole's big boy car seat now dominates the back seat. And because the new car seat doesn't have any sort of canopy, I put up glare protector film (dark brown saran wrap) on the side windows and a huge glare screen across the rear window, creating perpetual night in the backseat. No sunburns and squinty eyes for Bean...but he's gonna be one pale baby.

Safe travels to all you hitting the roads (and sky) this weekend!

No comments: