10.14.2003

rings and things

My wedding band hasn't fit for a while now, so I've been wearing it on a chain around my neck. While watching DVDs the other night, it occurred to me that I look like Frodo. The power of this ring though is to let people know that despite my youthful appearance, I am not a knocked up teenager.

I've always looked younger than my real age, and usually it's not a big deal. Sometimes it's even funny, but lately it's been a lot less amusing. People are unusually rude to pregnant women in general, making comments that they would never speak aloud to a non-pregnant person...regarding one's size, diet, or even ability to drive, walk, work, etc. The evil looks just add insult to injury.

I'll have the last laugh though when they're all lining up for their Botox!

No comments: