11.19.2004

drawings

We busted out the crayolas a few weeks ago to see if Cole was ready. The test would be how long would it take before he put one in his mouth. We were shocked and amazed that he waited a whole 20 minutes before biting the tip off the black one. Of course it had to be the black one. I had to pull out the funny infant finger toothbrush to undo that damage.

Once a day now, we take out the crayons and Cole's own sketchbook (with extra heavy paper) and we draw together. It's the most drawing I've done in more than a few years. I've learned it's best to offer Cole 3 crayons and hide the rest. With 3, he has one for each hand, and there's always one left for me. Sometimes he uses them as drumsticks and hits the paper. Other days he attacks the paper with a stabbing motion creating a sheet of freckles. I don't know if he realizes that he is making marks yet, but we're both having fun with art class.

No comments: