2.08.2005

nursery rhyme time

I introduced Cole to the Itsy Bitsy Spider one rainy day, and this weekend, I dusted off some other old nursery rhymes that I thought I had forgotten. Cole loves Where is Thumkin? although he doesn't seem aware of his own thumbs. He just holds his hands up at face level and wiggles all his fingers as I sing it for him. Oh, and it gets even cuter, Saturday night we read to him from the Muppet Babies alphabet nursery rhyme book (obviously not the exact title, but I'm too lazy to go get it right now). The book was a lovely gift from the Millers which we have kept tucked away until Cole was ready for paper pages. With the help of the Muppets, we remembered all of Ring Around the Rosie and by the third time I sang it, all three of us were dancing in a circle around the living room. I never thought something so silly could be so much fun, and I don't think I've enjoyed Ring Around the Rosie that much since I was a little girl. We all had a good laugh and Cole will now grab both of your hands when he wants to play again.

Cole just started holding my hand while I walk with him. He used to just tug and twist like a poorly trained pup, but our pup is growing up and is now willing to hold hands in exchange for the freedom to walk like a big boy. Today we strolled into the bank together with Cole talking to himself with each step. He acted as if he had much more important business to attend to than I did.

No comments: