2.11.2005

TMBG

Cole will be going to his first "concert" February 23rd (thanks to a tip from Anna!). I've always liked They Might Be Giants, and their live shows are a ton of fun. I'm not familiar with their new music for kids, but I did notice their involvement with the title sequence of the Disney Channels's Higglytown Heroes. Their smart, funny tunes are great for all ages, so I'm open to hearing the new album/CD/DVD aimed at kids. I wonder if they'll pander to the parents with "Particle Man" or my fave "Birdhouse in Your Soul."

On a side note, I think the Disney Channel is a totally evil marketing machine and I'm offended by how obnoxiously blatant the advertising is. In between shows, there's a series of segments promoting their "stars" albums and merchandise. Keep in mind these stars are kids born into the Disney machine to be later spit out as the next Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake. I'm not slamming all things Disney, but I'm not letting Cole watch the channel either. We'll go to Disney World someday and I'm sure we'll have a great time, but we won't be buying Raven's next album.

No comments: