3.15.2005

king of the jungle

Cole's vocabulary has more than doubled in the past two weeks. Granted his vocabulary consisted of only one word (Bath), but still he has made substantial progress recently. He can now say "cheese", "boo!" and today he added "RAAAARRR." I know RAAAARRR is more of a sound effect than a word, but he knows that it's the sound the a lion makes.

We were playing with his Little People Noah's Ark this afternoon, and we play a game with the alligator/crocodile where I put my hands together to make a mouth and I chase him around saying "chomp, chomp" and he feeds my hands the alligator, his own hands and feet, and anything else within arm's reach. Giggles ensue... The rhino also chases him while pushing his horns into Cole's belly...more giggles. Then he reached for the lion and I made my best roar and then Cole copied me. This time I laughed too. His roar is more like a newborn lion cub, but then again, mine isn't very intimidating either.

No comments: