2.06.2004

anniversary

Today the bean blog is one year old. At this time last year, I was staring at 2 pink lines and I was so scared I was literally shaking. Now I stare at Cole in disbelief. How could a tiny spark grow into this big bubbly baby in only one year? Cole greets me with a smile each morning and it surprises me and warms my heart every time. There is recognition and love in that smile of his, that smile that takes up his whole face...pure joy.

I bought an angel recently. I've been shopping for one for a while now. I wanted it as a small, personal memorial of the first Bean. The one I chose has a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt engraved in it. It says, " You must do the thing you think you cannot do." For me, that thing was letting go of fear, embracing my pregnancy, and daring to love the life inside me.

So much has changed in a year. Today I'll be tagging along for Annie's OB appointment. One year ago, she was scared and frustrated as she finally addressed her fertility problems. She began her search for answers, and now she's 5 months pregnant. One year ago we cried together as she confided in me about her medical troubles and I shared the news of my pregnancy and all of my concerns. We've come a long way, and I can't think of better way of celebrating the blog's anniversary than to be by her side.

No comments: