3.08.2004

4 months plus

Cole is nearly 5 months old, but I'm just now posting his 4 month check up results. Cole is continuing along his self-made growth curve and his measurements were 17 lbs. 11 oz. and 25 1/8" tall. I've added a link to his 4 month photo album in the side bar.

It's been an eventful couple of weeks. Cole rolled over for the first time 2/23. He looked over at me, smiled, and then let out a huge burp. I don't know if the smile was in response to the fact that he had figured out how to roll over or if it was the relief from the gas bubble. I know my smile was due to both.

On 2/26, Cole discovered his feet. I never really understood the whole "Has he found his hands yet?" thing. It seemed to me like he was always aware of his hands even if he wasn't very coordinated in the beginning, but when he found his feet it was a noticeable event. While I was changing his diaper he was doing his usual leg lifts when he reached for and then grabbed on to his feet for the first time. He was so excited. So now his new combo move is to grab is feet and rock from side to side.

Cole has begun to eat solid, well semi-solid, food. For 2 weeks he taste tested rice cereal once a day. Last week we added a second feeding of solids and introduced carrots. While he prefers the cereal over the carrots, he will eat either. Cole lets me know when he is full by keeping his mouth closed--an effective signal. This week's menu is sweet potatoes.

Cole is enjoying his bath time more and more which means I keep getting wetter. What had started out as a little kicking in the water has turned into all out splashing. Bath time requires a lot more towels than it used to.

Cole laughs a lot now and it is absolutely my favorite sound ever. NOTHING beats it. Tony and I have been transformed into clowns, doing ANYTHING we can to amuse Cole just to hear him giggle. I get my exercise doing "baby lifts" and he's also fond of "baby squats"--pretty much any vertical movement cracks him up. If only I could figure out a way for sit ups to be funny, then maybe I'd actually get my middle back in shape.

No comments: