5.15.2003

16 weeks

Tuesday, May 6, I had my 16 week appointment. We weren't as lucky finding the heartbeat this time, and it was nerve-wracking at first. It was for a good reason though, the little one was swimming all over the place, and the doc was literally chasing it from one side of my abdomen to the other. We'd hear it for a few seconds, and then it would be gone. The bean's definitely energetic and is enjoying the ever widening space I seem to be giving it. For the first 3 months, I gained a pound a month, but then I gained 3 lbs. in the third month! It's a little tough to see the numbers on the scale steadily climb, but it's a good sign that things are progressing well.

Blood was drawn for the AFP/triple screen test, and the results were back this week. Everything was negative, and that's a good thing. I've been less nervous about these tests than I have been about miscarriage. I'm finally beginning to feel more confident about the pregnancy, and seeing the physical signs in myself has made it harder to deny that this is real.

Before we left, the doctor wrote out a form for the BIG ultrasound. It's hard to believe we're almost to that point already. She recommended we wait until 21-22 weeks to have the ultrasound because there will be more to see by then. So we're looking at early June for the ultrasound, but I plan to call today to schedule it. My next doctor appointment is June 2.

No comments: