5.29.2003

fun day



Yesterday afternoon I played hooky with Annie. We've been able to catch up about once a month for the past few months which has been great. At first I always think I'm too busy to take the time off, but in the end I always have a ton of fun and I'm never as far behind when I get back to work as I thought I would be.

Annie surprised me at lunch with a bag of goodies for the bean. Tony and I had already decided on a ducky theme because it's one of Tony's many nicknames and it's a nice neutral yellow. Kittenhead has already shown a bit too much interest in the ducky rattle mittens (see photo). Annie is also my crafty buddy, and she made a super cool ducky bath hoodie towl. It's pretty ingenious. It's made up of one bath towel, a hand towel, and a wash cloth.

I asked Annie if her and Glen would be the bean's godparents. Tony and I had planned to ask them at dinner in a couple weeks, but I broke down yesterday because Annie and I were having so much fun. Annie started to shake and cry and there were lots of hugs. Already the bean is one lucky baby.

No comments: