5.22.2003

19 weeks



I started taking a knitting class about a month ago because I've always wanted to learn, and I know I won't have any time to take classes after October. Plus, I'd love to be able to make a blanket for the bean...and maybe a cool scarf for myself.

Now that I've finally got my knit and purl straight, I decided to start the bean blanket. Yesterday, I played hooky from work and spent the day getting a jump start on the blanket. The first few rows are basic stockinette stitch, knit a row, purl a row, but I didn't realize it would curl as much as it did. So now I've switched to seed stitch, knit one, purl one, repeat. I'm not following any kind of pattern, because I don't have the attention span to count stitches. I don't think the bean will mind a plain, imperfect blanket, so I'm just having fun with it.

Oh, and the ultrasound is scheduled for June 4th which is less than 2 weeks away.

No comments: