7.31.2003

28 week appt



Well, it was actually my 29 week appointment. Today was the dreaded glucose test for gestational diabetes. My doctor recommended to drink the solution chilled and from a nice glass. I pulled out the toasting flute that hasn't been used since our wedding for the ocassion. The taste wasn't really all that bad, but it's a lot to drink in a five minute period. The drawback to using the flute was that I had to refill it 3 times in order to drink the full dose.

Other than the bloodwork, my appointment was routine, which is something I still don't take for granted. This is one time in my life when normal is a very good thing.

From now until 36 weeks my appointments will be every 2 weeks. I'm wondering if it will seem like time is going by more quickly now that I'll be marking my time in 2 weeks intervals instead of the monthly appointments I've been having.

No comments: