2.07.2003

I just got back from the doctor's office. The nurse surprised me yesterday by scheduling an appointment for me for bloodwork. I thought I was going to make an appointment for the 8 week ultrasound again like I had done the last time. But she said I should come in and have the blood test to confirm the pregnancy.

The office people, nurses and my doctor were all very happy to see me, and that helped to quiet my nerves...a little. They're going to check my HcG levels, and I need to go back on Monday for another blood test so they can compare the two. Once my levels reach 2000, I'll have an early ultrasound to check for a heartbeat. I appreciate all that they are doing to closely monitor the pregnancy, but the tests and appointments are going to make it harder for me to keep my secret. I have a feeling I'll break sooner than I had planned. My arm hurts from the bloodwork, and if I bruise that will be impossible to explain.

How's this for a new low? I'm putting tampon wrappers in the bathroom trash so Tony will think I have my period. I'm sure he'll forgive me if this all goes well, and probably even if it doesn't.

No comments: