2.12.2003

The last few days have been stressful. Monday at 4pm I called the doctor's office and left a message at the nurses desk twice. Upon my third call I finally reached a human being, Cary, who put me on hold, and then hung up on me. I called back and got the machine again. I was ready to cry. I was really shaken. I had waited patiently all day for my results, and by 5:30pm my nerves were shot. 15 minutes later I decided to dial the number for the receptionist's desk. The very kind officer manager, Barbara, sympathized with me, and looked for my results. It turns out Cary went home for the day after we were disconnected. I don't understand that. If you get disconnected, you should call the person back, and if they redial first, you should definitely answer the phone! Barbara put me through to another nurse Tracy who told me that my results from Friday weren't back yet. I just wish I could've found that out sooner.

I was such a wreck, that I finally told Tony the news when he got home Monday night. He was so kind and understanding. We went to the grocery store to buy another home pregnancy test so I could ease my mind. His feelings are similar to mine at this point, though I think he yearns to be more optimistic than I am. That's just part of who he is, and I love that about him.

Yesterday morning, I got the results from Friday and Monday's bloodwork. Cary mistakenly also gave me a result from December, which was only 2, and that had me temporarily freaked out. The good news is that Friday's number was 370, and Monday was 1437. It seems like it's increasing at the proper rate. I went back today to get stuck again, but I won't be expecting next-day results this time. Hopefully, my next number will be above 2000.

I decided to allow myself a little giddiness, and I went to Target. I bought a yellow receiving blanket with a duckie on it, and another yellow blanket, that has a duckies stitched in blind embroidery on it. I put them away in a drawer for now.

No comments: