2.21.2003

These days I'm not really into suspense.

I just got back from the doctor's office. I arrived at 12:20 for my 12:30 appt. I sat in the waiting area until 1, and then they called my name. They brought me back to the ultrasound room, and then asked me to come back at 2 or 2:30. My doctor was busy with a delivery...I thought it was odd that I hadn't heard her voice while I was waiting...and the delivery was taking longer than had been expected. So, I'm back home for the moment. I've had some lunch, and now it's nearly time to head back. It's about a 15 minute drive.

While there, Barbara asked me how things were going, and if I was alright. She thought it was strange that I hadn't called again yesterday, but she thought maybe I had spoken to one of the nurses. I told her I hadn't called because I haven't had much luck with my phone calls. She genuinely felt awful, which was not really my point, but I'm hoping my remarks will affect some changes there. They are too lax about returning calls, and the automated answering service might be a tad too convenient for them.

No comments: