6.03.2003

20 weeks

My 20 week doctor appointment was surprisingly routine. Usually I get really nervous about 2 or 3 hours before hand, and this time I was doing fine...until I mentioned this was the first appointment when we had good weather. Every other appointment it was raining or snowing all day. Tony said he hoped it wasn't an omen, and wreck that I am, it freaked me out. I know, it's stupid and superstitious and all that, but when something is this important and fragile, it's hard not to overreact.

Once the good doctor came into the exam room I was fine. We heard the heartbeat right away. No chasing the baby around my abdomen this time, but it's getting a bit more crowded in there so there are fewer escape options. The cool part about the crowding is that I've begun to feel some of the baby's movements. Actually that started about 2 weeks ago, but I wasn't sure if what I was feeling was the baby or something else. The feeling was so subtle and not very frequent, so I could easily dismiss it as gas or other digestive rumblings. Now, there's no doubt. I feel the baby's more vigorous exercise sessions regularly in morning and at night. The movements aren't strong enough to be felt on the outside yet, but Tony keeps checking. I'm looking forward to that because it's amazing, and I want to share that with Tony.

No comments: