6.09.2003

coupon crazy



This weekend, I found something amazing in the paper--coupons for baby items we actually needed and had already decided to buy at Toys R Us/Babies R Us. After a full day of work and 2 client meetings, I headed out to the store coupons in hand. I picked up the travel play yard (formerly known as a playpen) and the breast pump (eek!), but they were already sold out of the stroller/car seat travel system. A clerk called the next nearest store in Manassas and they had 3 in stock, and they set one aside for me.

Next stop Manassas, but getting there during rush hour was no picnic, but I was on a mission so I didn't mind. While waiting for them to pull the travel system from the back warehouse, I discovered something wonderful and unexpected--a Sesame Street crib set. Tony and I had thought a Sesame Street or Muppets theme would be fun, but we hadn't seen any until now. And it still fits our duckie theme because Ernie is pictured holding his dear rubberduckie. It's funny too because Tony's always had an affinity for Ernie (and a striking resemblance), and now the Bean will be his duckie.

One more neat tie-in for the Sesame Street theme, is that we've pretty much decided on Henson as a middle name for the Bean, in tribute to the late, great Jim Henson.

All in all, I managed to save over $50 with my coupons which means the breast pump was free! It's a sure sign my life has changed when a free breast pump is exciting...

No comments: