6.21.2003

Bow wow wow



When I was born, my great-grandfather bought me Bow Bow and I've had him ever since. His original nose was lost in a laundry accident that haunts me to this day, and his fur is worn thin. I have few memories of Little Pop-Pop. He passed away in 1983, but his mind was lost to us several years before. But I do know that as his first great grandchild I was special to him, and I do remember that there was always a kind tone in his voice for me. There are other vague memories--the cigarette burn holes in some of his favorite pants, his light blue recliner, the pride he took in his rose garden, trips to the horsetrack, fishing in Point Pleasant, and Pep-O-Mint lifesavers.

I picked up this new pup from Old Navy, and I think he makes a nice companion to old Bow Bow. Perhaps Bean can call him Bow wow wow.

No comments: