6.14.2003

Kickin'

I've been feeling the Bean kick and punch, and something that seems like jumping jacks for a few weeks now. However, the movements haven't been strong enough for Tony to feel when he puts his hand on my belly.* There have been many false alarms where I grabbed him excitedly..."Can you feel that?"...but nothing else until Saturday.

While waiting for my grandparents to arrive for their surprise party, I was sitting on the couch when the Bean began to kick me in the arm. Usually I would feel 3 or 4 good kicks and then it would stop, but this time he was doing soccer drills on left side. I called Tony over and when he felt the first kick, his face lit up. Feeling movement is amazing, but it's so much better now that I can share it with Tony. It was the best early Father's Day gift.

Bean's soccer tournaments start each night when I go to bed like clockwork now. It's not painful, but the movements are definitely getting stronger...to the point where not only can they be felt on the outside of my belly...they can also be seen. It keeps getting wilder.

*Oddly enough, Kittenhead felt the Bean move on Friday when I collapsed on the bed for a nap after my 5th client meeting in a week. She curled up against my belly, and her ears perked up and she looked around the room when she felt the first kick. She knew I hadn't moved, but something was poking her. After about 3 kicks, she ignored it, and we both conked out until Tony got home from work.

No comments: