6.18.2003

more duckies!



In the beginning, I would purchase 1 or 2 duckie items for the Bean from Target's Carters collection after each doctor's appointment. It was a way for me to celebrate and slowly build my enthusiasm as I became more optimistic about the pregnancy.

Now that we've reached the point where other people have begun to give us gifts for the baby, I've been concerned that we'll end up with 20 of the same duckie outfit in 4 sizes, and it might be the only thing Bean ever wears. While I don't think that would be as psychologically scarring as Tony does, it would be odd.

Today, I received a package from my friend Kristen in Buffalo that contained not only my bridesmaid dress for her July wedding, but also some duckie gifts for the Bean. The outfits are adorable, unique, and larger sizes than currently exist in the Bean's wardrobe. So, we still haven't had any duplicates, and it seems safe to assume we will always have at least one duckie ensemble that will fit the Bean during his first year. Thanks Kris!

No comments: