8.28.2003

33 week appt

Switching from monthly appointments to ones every 2 weeks has certainly created the illusion that time is passing by more quickly. My next appointment is in another 2 weeks, and then I start going weekly. I have a feeling September is going to be a blur.

"Pregnancy brain" struck and made me late for my appointment. Tony and I had dropped off one car for service in the morning, and I had driven him to work. After the dealership called to say it was ready and I made arrangements for the shuttle to pick me up, I realized I couldn't find my purse. So I went down to the car to check, and sure enough it was sitting on the seat. I took a moment to hang a Chinese tassel up in the back seat, and then grabbed my purse and shut the door, locking my keys in the car. Now, I was locked out of the car and the apartment. Luckily, the apartment office manager (also pregnant) was very helpful and loaned me an extra key. The shuttle arrived shortly after, and I was able to drive the other car back because Tony had left his car keys with the dealership. When I got home I called roadside assistance so I could rescue my other set of keys before my appointment and also before my in-laws arrived for a holiday weekend visit. Everything worked out, but I felt like a complete dope.

Appointment went well. Heartrate was good, although I had a little scare when the doctor couldn't find it right away. Bean's hanging out upside down which means the mass I feel almost under my ribs is his butt. He's also laying on his side which explains why I feel almost all the kicks on one side. He likes to work my right side on a regular basis. Kicks have gotten stronger, but not as frequent since he doesn't have as much room to wind up. The squirming feeling is no longer subtle though and the pressure can be pretty intense. No complaints though. All in all, I'm still feeling pretty good...even if I'm kinda dopey.

No comments: