8.06.2003

baby time



I received this from a client about a month ago. The funny thing is he didn't know I was pregnant.

Back in January, Stork Airways was referred to me through a printer friend. It was a small start-up that needed some serious design help after being burned by another designer. I was skeptical at first and also not that excited about their business since I was still recovering from my miscarriage. I thought it was sure proof that the Big Guy has a sense of humor. I think it turned out to be therapuetic to a degree. The work that kept me busy so I couldn't sit around and be sad.

Anyhoo, I had never told the client I was expecting because by the time I was feeling confident enough to share the news, the projects were all completed. He sent me the watch as a sample for my portfolio, not realizing how appropriate it was. I hadn't known he was going to use it on a watch. The original idea was to produce a wall clock. After reviewing his recently launched web site (not my design), I saw he also used the Baby Time image for an oversize, old-fashioned alarm clock.

Maybe he'll send me some more goodies, now that he knows about my pregnancy!

No comments: