8.26.2003

bean blanket 2...the sequel

I've learned a lot since I started knitting back in April.
1. Use a pattern. I'm a beginner after all and I don't have any concept of what needles and yarn to use to achieve a specific gauge.
2. Be realistic. Again, I can't visualize or anticipate gauge yet, and I now realize that tiny needles with over 150 stitches cast on was a bad idea.
3. Yarn matters. The yarn (in Aspen Print) I chose for the first bean blanket was pretty and inexpensive, but also scratchy and difficult to work with.
4. Hobbies should be fun. If I keep the first 3 points above in mind, knitting is a lot more enjoyable.

So here's my progress on the blanket 2. I'm following the same pattern I had used for Elaine's blanket, but I like how different it looks with this yarn. I'm using TLC Essentials in Light Thyme. It's inexpensive, but still soft. I think it will be pretty durable.

No comments: