8.14.2003

I'm such a phony

Today I visited 3 clients and one printer...my last meeting hurrah before the Bean arrives. I wanted to assure my clients that I am still willing and able to handle their projects. If anything I'm more motivated than ever given the lousy economy and the fact there will be another little mouth to feed. I've been fortunate to keep a steady flow of work despite losing a few clients to layoffs and cutbacks, and I don't want to risk losing that.

So off I went in my most mod maternity wear armed with business cards and baked goods. Every meeting went well. One client even took me out for lunch and presented me with 2 nightgowns and 5 little blankets for the Bean. Honestly, things couldn't have gone better. Everybody was very nice, sincerely supportive, and they were openly confident that it would be business as usual as far as our working arrangements are concerned.

The funny thing is that while I ran around trying to prove to everyone that I've still got IT and energy to spare, I completely wore myself out. I was one tired, pregnant CEO, and when I got home I needed a nap...but they don't need to know that.

No comments: