9.12.2003

35 week appt.

We struck out at the car seat inspection today. It ran from 1pm-3pm, but when we got there at 2:15, they were already turning cars away. I had no idea it would be so busy, especially on a rainy day. Our next chance is Sunday morning, and you can be sure we'll be there early.

Tony was able to join me for my dr. appt which was a nice surprise. I've been going solo for almost 2 months. Another jump in my weight, but the total I've gained isn't too bad, so I'm trying to be relaxed about it. I knew it was going to be another significant gain because I've been able to notice the difference. I can't sit as close to the table as I used to, and when I brush my teeth it takes some effort to be over the sink. My blood pressure is still really good, and the Bean's heartrate was strong and steady.

The not-fun part was the internal exam--my first since the very beginning of the pregnancy. Thankfully, it was brief. I haven't begun to dilate yet, and I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved about that. Feeling my abdomen, the dr. made her estimate of the Bean's current weight...and her guess is in the high sixes! Her exact words were, "Looks like it could be an 8 pounder." That was not at all what I had hoped to hear...Tony laughed nervously. He's worried about having to be in the room if I need a C-section...and I don't blame him.

No comments: