9.28.2003

37 weeks and counting

Not much news. I'm finally getting over my cold. The reflux remains a 24-hour battle, but at least now I'm armed with Zantac.

At my 37 week appointment, I had lost one pound, blood pressure and urinanalysis were normal. Bean's heart rate was steady, and while he has moved down a little, he's still filling my entire torso because he's gotten bigger. Still no signs of dilatation, but I am 50% effaced which is at least a start.

The doctor and I discussed the possibility of a C-section, and she seemed more upset about it than I am. I guess she's used to women being disappointed if they're not able to have a "normal" vaginal delivery. I told her that I don't really have any expectations, and I just want to do what's best. Of course, I'd prefer not to have major abdominal surgery...but it's not my call.

We met with a pediatric practice last week and Tony and I liked what we saw. The doctor we met was very nice, they've got great hours, and they accept our insurance. Also, they are located in the same building as my ob/gyn so the location is convenient.

No comments: