9.05.2003

baby boom

Two of my fellow belly buddies had their babies this week. Elaine's baby girl Nina was born a little over 2 weeks early on Saturday, August 30th. She's 6 lbs. 2 oz., and 19 in. long. Nina's early arrival wasn't much of a surprise though because Elaine had shown signs of early labor a few weeks ago. It seemed like it could be any day.

The big surprise was on Friday when I learned that my friend Carolyn from yoga class had her son Jonah over a month early! Her due date was within a week of mine. Even more remarkable, Jonah weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz., also 19 in. long. I guess he was just ready.

Both moms and babies are doing really well and were home within 48 hours of delivery. The early arrivals have been a wake-up call for me. I realize I need to pace myself better, but at the same time, I should be prepared because it really could be anytime. However, I just have a hunch, that the Bean will come a few days after my due date, and will make me the last of the belly buddies to have their baby.

Carolyn gave me the following advice in her email:
"Keep your feet up and take it easy...you never know when your little one will decide it's time and then there's no turning back."

No comments: